Phoenix Kayak Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phoenix Kayak Club Forum

Phoenix Kayak Club are based on the River Lee, and run Beginners courses throughout the Summer, while also entertaining their Current membership every Thursday night.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Club Facebook PageClub Facebook Page  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
PLEASE NOTE USERS MUST USE THEIR OWN FULL NAME AS THEIR USERNAME ON THE FORUM!!
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Dam to Club house Friday 5th April (Peer Trip)
I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeby Anaïs O'Donovan Wed 03 Apr 2024, 9:18 am

» UPDATE: Paddlesurf development day sat 20th of April
I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeby Rowan Johnson Tue 02 Apr 2024, 10:57 am

» Junior Development canoeing Ireland 4th May
I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeby Jackie O'Sullivan Thu 21 Mar 2024, 8:13 pm

» Teen connect
I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeby Jackie O'Sullivan Fri 15 Mar 2024, 7:12 pm

» Paddle 4 Life - Track your Kms
I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeby Diarmuid Lane Thu 14 Mar 2024, 7:55 am

» Ocean to City - Early Bird Registration Closing 13th March
I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeby Simon Champ Wed 13 Mar 2024, 6:12 am

» Nice set of Werner Shuna 2pc Small Shaft 210cm on Facebook
I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeby Sean O'Sullivan Mon 04 Mar 2024, 9:09 am

» Avonmore
I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeby Simon Champ Sun 11 Feb 2024, 8:41 pm

» 2024 Learn to Kayak Summer Courses - enrolment now open!
I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeby Fatima Gunning Wed 07 Feb 2024, 10:05 pm

Keywords
Membership Sullane descent thursday Trip River Pool liffey cardiff Saturday canoe Bandon level Roll Marathon rolling beginners Instructor Barrow rescue Lower club Slovenia Blackwater Helmet Social

I want to make a movie!

Go down 
+5
Simon Champ
Paul Heff
seanmc
fergal ob
James Linehan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
James Linehan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
James Linehan

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-06-22

I want to make a movie!  Empty
PostSubject: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018, 12:53 pm

Okay guys! Long time no see for most you and I’m so glad to be back on the water once again!

As ye saw before clicking on this thread, I want to make a movie... but not some fancy cinematic blockbuster movie, a movie to highlight the pollution in our rivers! I want this movie to reach the public, the council and even the ESB (or whatever it’s called now)!

Every day I’m reading headlines about the pollution in our harbour and sea, but nothing about or rivers and lakes! Every time I run a river or even look over a quay I see a cocktail of waste from households, construction and even waste managent companies! Did you know that our tap water now has a 21% plastic content on average??

So after that rant I’m asking for your help! All I’m asking for is some information you might have about areas of the river that seem to have high waste pollution that I can document, and in return, I will do my best to remove and dispose of this waste at my own expense!

So if anybody knows of any areas that have a high amount of waste floating around, I’d really appreciate it if ye could post the location here!

I’m not saying that I can change the world, but I’m hoping to reach someone who can bounce
Back to top Go down
fergal ob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2012-03-13

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018, 8:31 pm

Is this a dirty movie!
Back to top Go down
seanmc
Silver Member
Silver Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018, 9:31 pm

Have a chat with Dave Ryan, he's been posting some stuff on facebook lately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skynet.ie/~seanmc
Paul Heff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Paul Heff

Number of posts : 968
Registration date : 2007-10-12

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018, 11:57 pm

seanmc wrote:
Have a chat with Dave Ryan, he's been posting some stuff on facebook lately.

A clean up is being organised early June, I've linked it on Phoenix Facebook page.

I'm sure we can get members mobilised too

Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2014-11-19

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 7:25 am

The Owenshad in Lismore. People dump rubbish bags from the road into it. Last time I was clearing it I took some rubbish out
Back to top Go down
Eoin O'Callaghan
Silver Member
Silver Member
Eoin O'Callaghan

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 11:00 am

I will help however I can , great idea James
Back to top Go down
Mark Davis
Silver Member
Silver Member

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 5:38 pm

The shore around little island is bad
Back to top Go down
Paul O Farrell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2014-09-14

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 8:43 pm

I can get you stats on the type of things that get thrown into the river around the city.
Back to top Go down
Roisin Pinfield
Silver Member
Silver Member
Roisin Pinfield

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2016-06-16

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2018, 7:40 pm

I'll help. Plastic pollution in our waterways is a very serious issue (I'll spare ye the rant!) and I'm delighted the club is getting involved in a clean up. Great idea, well done!
Back to top Go down
James Linehan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
James Linehan

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2018, 8:44 pm

Thanks for all the responses and feedback guys! I appreciate it so much!

My car now stinks of river junk but I’ve cleared two bins worth of rubbish from innascarra! I attempted to contact Greenstar for a potential discount on a skip but after they refused and fobbed me off, I replied with footage of three Greenstar wheelie bins swimming around the Lough 😂 I know, I’m immature 😂
Back to top Go down
Roisin Pinfield
Silver Member
Silver Member
Roisin Pinfield

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2016-06-16

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2018, 9:07 pm

LOL! Go you!
Back to top Go down
seanmc
Silver Member
Silver Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018, 7:58 pm

James Linehan wrote:
 I replied with footage of three Greenstar wheelie bins swimming around the Lough 😂 I know, I’m immature 😂

It's only immature if you threw them in yourself, great reply, love it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skynet.ie/~seanmc
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a movie!    I want to make a movie!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I want to make a movie!
Page 1 of 1