Phoenix Kayak Club Forum

Phoenix Kayak Club are based on the River Lee, and run Beginners courses throughout the Summer, while also entertaining their Current membership every Thursday night.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  Club Facebook PageClub Facebook Page  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Full Forum Access!!! New Club Members must contact Sean O'Sullivan to gain FULL forum access. If you cannot see the "Members Only" section, you do not have full access!!! Please email Sean at forumadmin@phoenixkayakclub.com.

Share | 

GoPro?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sean O'Sullivan
Admin

Number of posts : 1222
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: GoPro?????   Tue 11 Mar 2014, 4:09 pm

OK. Question for all the GoPro heads in the club. I'm thinking of getting a Gopro in the US. Question is.....Is it worth spending an extra $100 for the 3+ Black addition or should I get the Silver and spend the $100 dollars on accessories (Mounts, inserts, floaty....)????

Well what do the experts think?  Question Question Question Question Question 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: GoPro?????   Wed 12 Mar 2014, 10:58 am

I got the 3+ black a few months ago, for the extra few bucks you get the remote which cost about $100 , remote is handy for kayakers cause you cant always hear the beeps in white water, down side is battery life is reduced and you must turn the remote off after you charge it. The camera records at a higher frame rate (47fps) at 1080 to the other cameras (29fps), this makes slow motion shots look nicer, also has a feature super wide view mode which the others don't. Playing back top quality 1080 recording requires a good pc / laptop, The 4k option is not any advantage yet and not ideal to record in!
Back to top Go down
Sean O'Sullivan
Admin

Number of posts : 1222
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: GoPro?????   Thu 13 Mar 2014, 3:50 pm

I cant believe only one person has an opinion on the Gopro's! Not even Eoin, on how not to loose them!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul Heff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2007-10-12

PostSubject: Re: GoPro?????   Thu 13 Mar 2014, 7:55 pm

Sean O'Sullivan wrote:
I cant believe only one person has an opinion on the Gopro's! Not even Eoin, on how not to loose them!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Am surprised too. Where's our cinematographer, Mr H?, Or the other Mr H for that matter?

PostSubject: Re: GoPro?????   Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:15 pm

http://youtu.be/DlUUq7ARJRU
Got the go pro for Xmas hero 3+ - not up to speed on all the settings yet though. Might be worth your while checking out the link above to see a comparison with sony's handicam - it's half the price and personally I thought it kicked the gopro's ass colour wise in this test.
Might be worth thinking about if your shelling out that kinda money.
Back to top Go down
micheal mc sweeney
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: GoPro?????   Fri 14 Mar 2014, 3:16 pm

Paddlers with GoPro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stephen Hamill
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: GoPro?????   Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:07 am

gopro or go home. if you want to sacrifice the battery life the better camera go for it. one tip, never use wifi it drains the battery twice as fast. use it to dial in settings with the phone app and turn it off straight away!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/199hamill
zuppy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 974
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Re: GoPro?????   Tue 25 Mar 2014, 9:23 pm

Got the black gopro for x mas and only just started using it. Battery life is craP but it is crap for all the action cam's. I haven't played with it much but the black is the best value. Not that I have had the chance to use it much and my computer is a bit too old to edit it but I made a few short movies. Not regreting it at all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Davis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: GoPro?????   Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:31 pm

I am not in the know at all about these, but there's Go pro Hero 3+ on Groupon at the moment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GoPro?????   

Back to top Go down

GoPro?????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1