Phoenix Kayak Club Forum

Phoenix Kayak Club are based on the River Lee, and run Beginners courses throughout the Summer, while also entertaining their Current membership every Thursday night.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  Club Facebook PageClub Facebook Page  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Full Forum Access!!! New Club Members must contact Sean O'Sullivan to gain FULL forum access. If you cannot see the "Members Only" section, you do not have full access!!! Please email Sean at forumadmin@phoenixkayakclub.com.

Share | 

Some thinking on sea kayaking trips 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dónal Clancy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 698
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Some thinking on sea kayaking trips 2013    Wed 07 Nov 2012, 1:03 pm

1. Are people up for Spike Island this year?

See spike Island post for details of event last year - went well and weather was good to us - how about 30th/31st March 2013?

2. I met up with Mike from Cumbria Canoeists & Sea Kayak club recently

The following two events are organised by them and we would be welcome to join.

Annual Kirkcudbright, (Scotland) “Sea Kayak Gathering”

Weekend of 20-21 April – based out of Brighouse Bay Holiday Park - Camping/Caravan site: www.gillespie-leisure.co.uk or 00441557-870267

Cost: £15 for the weekend – payable to “Cumbria Canoeists”
Sea kayak hire – Duncan Greene “Greene Adventures” duncan.greene@hotmail.co.uk - 00447917755083 - Experienced/Qualified sea kayak guides supporting groups

Contact for further details: Jim Wilson Tel: 00441228-537658
Mob: 0044776 0281 637 E-mail: jimwilson@live.co.uk

3. “Explore the Northumberland Coast” Sea Kayak Gathering
(Farnes, St Abb’s Head inc Eyemouth & Burnmouth)
Weekend of 18th-19th May – based out of South Meadows Caravan/Campsite, Belford (www.southmeadows.co.uk), 00441668-213326 - £7 per adult, per night, excellent facilities/space and is central for our paddling.
Cost: £20 for the weekend – payable to “Cumbria Canoeists”

Sea kayak hire – Duncan Greene “Greene Adventures” duncan.greene@hotmail.co.uk – 00 44 7917755083
Experienced/Qualified sea kayak guides supporting groups all weekend, with a coaching option

Mike has also suggested if we want to travel he could guide for an additional 3 days to include Bass Rock - North Berwick - and plenty of cherry picking to include St Abbs Head, Burnmouth, Coquette Island, Robin hood bay, Whitby Bay, Flamborough Hd etc. so we could make this a longer trip.

what do people think? would there be interest? if so then i would be willing to take the lead in organising subject to club go ahead

take care

dónal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jason N
Silver Member
Silver Member

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2011-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Some thinking on sea kayaking trips 2013    Wed 07 Nov 2012, 1:23 pm

Hi Donal,

I'd be for something like this. How many people do you think you would need to justify organising a trip?

Cheers,

Jason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conor odriscoll
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Some thinking on sea kayaking trips 2013    Wed 07 Nov 2012, 3:58 pm

Spike was great last time! I think we should do it again this year sometime Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dónal Clancy
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostSubject: car full   Wed 07 Nov 2012, 5:05 pm

We could measure the trip by car full so anything from 3 people up - inclined to work on the May date for a bigger group anything from two cars up - put together could even consider a trailer however time and money will dictate approach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darren M
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Trip away   Wed 07 Nov 2012, 8:16 pm

Hi Donal,
I would be a definate for something like that, should you need a hand in organising such a trip let me know.

Cheers Darren
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denis queally
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: sea trip   Wed 07 Nov 2012, 9:19 pm

hi donal intreasted in may trip and spike dont think the other half will let me go in april
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Declan O'Connor
Silver Member
Silver Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Some thinking on sea kayaking trips 2013    Wed 07 Nov 2012, 9:24 pm

Hi Donal,
Sounds very interesting. I would definitely be up for a trip like this . If you need any help organising I would be glad to help.

Cheers,
Declan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruth mc auliffe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Some thinking on sea kayaking trips 2013    Thu 22 Nov 2012, 1:58 pm

I'd be interested in the may trip
Ruth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dónal Clancy
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostSubject: Great   Thu 22 Nov 2012, 4:01 pm

Great interest from general conversation and well done to all the new level 3 sea kayakers from last weekend.

We will set about arranging the end of March trip to spike and setting up the May trip to the uk.

In addition I think a July sea kayaking trip south west over two or three days should be pencilled in to use all this experience we are building up and get to know the south west a bit better.

Will need help and appreciate the offers - may take the opportunity to talk further on the friday after the Agm .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diarmuid Hickey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Some thinking on sea kayaking trips 2013    Thu 29 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

Id be up for the Spike Island trip. The May trip sound realy good, as you say we can bounce it around friday night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean O'Sullivan
Admin

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Some thinking on sea kayaking trips 2013    Wed 09 Jan 2013, 2:40 pm

I couldn't make the AGM guys. Any more info/ideas on an extended trip. UK or West of Ireland maybe????? I've done a bit of ground work at home so need to book the time off for a trip. I've got clearance from the boss at home so just need to sort work. cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
michael crudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Some thinking on sea kayaking trips 2013    Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:59 am

spike again sounds great, I would like to do something in the Knockadoon area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dónal Clancy
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostSubject: Chat friday evening 1st Feb Club house 18:00    Mon 28 Jan 2013, 2:32 pm

Following on from the various conversations both on and off the forum a meeting will be helding at the club site friday evening 18:00 re logisitics for attend the following:

we currently haave 6 positives and welcome some more
as outlined above:

Cumbria Canoeists Sea Kayak

event “Explore the Northumberland Coast” Sea Kayak Gathering
(Farnes, St Abb’s Head inc Eyemouth & Burnmouth)

Weekend of 18th-19th May – based out of South Meadows Caravan/Campsite, Belford (www.southmeadows.co.uk)

Please sue tread on Sea Kayakiung section to express interest and attend meeting friday evening 18:00 club house if possible

take care
dónal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some thinking on sea kayaking trips 2013    

Back to top Go down

Some thinking on sea kayaking trips 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1